Tobacco Regulations & Statutes
Missouri tobacco regulations can be found in the Code of State Regulations (CSR), Division 70, Chapter 3.
The division enforces the tobacco laws under Sections 407.925 through 407.934, RSMo.
- Section 407.924 - Division of liquor control to enforce underage tobacco sales--annual report submitted.
- Section 407.925 - Definitions.
- Section 407.926 - No tobacco sales to minors--penalties.
- Section 407.927 - Required sign stating violation of state law to sell tobacco to minors under age 18--display of sign required on tobacco displays and vending machines.
- Section 407.928 - Restrictions on sales of individual packs of cigarettes.
- Section 407.929 - Proof of age required, when--defense to action for violation is reasonable reliance on proof--liability.
- Section 407.931 - Unlawful to sell or distribute tobacco products to minors--vending machine requirements--what persons are liable--owners exempt, when--appeal to administrative hearing commission, when.
- Section 407.932 - Political subdivisions may make more stringent rules.
- Section 407.933 - Minors employed by division of liquor control may purchase cigarettes for enforcement purposes--misrepresentation of age, penalty.
- Section 407.934 - Sales tax license required to sell tobacco products--division of liquor control to have inspection authority--limitations on use of minors for enforcement purposes.